Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Early morning call with Urn

It is early wednesday am - very early, 4am and I'm getting ready to leave for work - a shoot at Matsuri, the Japanese restaurant in the Maritime Hotel . I've replaced another set decorator JA and I'm covering the shoot days. Notwithstanding, I did panic last night and made a last minute run to Crate and Barrel and purchased a large ( 24" high and very heavy ) ceramic urn that practically dislocated my hip bringing it home. Sometime I have to laugh at the absurdity of my job and the things I do for the love of it. So me and the urn will be leaving shortly. We watched the debates Jeff, me and the urn ) and I thought John Edwards was great - of course, I'm a democrat. Dick Cheney is so arrogant and condescending. I really hate him, gay daughter or not. I thought Edwards was forceful, aggressive and charming. Way to go John. I hated when Cheney was patronizing to him. I guess you could say his attacks on his record was effective, but nonethless, thumbs up to John. Did I mention the commercial we are shooting is for a diamond store called Helzberg. I've never heard of it, but apparently it is in malls in queens and the country at large. It's about a hot guy on his way to propose to his love, carrying a special Herzberg box with a gold ribbon and wherever he goes, beautiful women take note of his good looks,"mojo" and elegant little box. No kidding. That's the name of the commercial, "mojo". Somehow, the Helzberg box just doesn't have the cache of the little blue box with the white ribbon, but hey, good try, ad people. So me and the urn are off to the showers. see ya.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home