Sunday, April 17, 2005

when did Henry get so tall

It is amazing how tall Henry has become. It really seems like he grows a couple of inches every week. He is tall, lanky and very  handsome.

Looking back at his  baby pictures, I am taken with his cuteness. What an adorable child -bowl cut blond hair,  saucer size blue eyes.
 
I remember falling in love with him the moment I saw him at the hospital the day he was born. At that point,  his hair was jet black and he looked like a character in a Sendak book - Pierre as a baby.  I remember the clear plastic bassinet being whisked down the hall and seeing the baby Henry.  It was love at first sight.

 Now,  he towers over me,  and tells me how to properly pour a can of soda.

 Yesterday, I called to see if he were home - Yes, he was home and was desperate for food - "Can you buy us  two pizzas?". " Two pizzas?", I replied. how come so much. " Well, I need one, and Jack and Ian will eat the other..." he replied.

 I bought them two pizzas and gallons of Root Beer and Pepsi. I delivered the pizza and he sat down to eat them with his friends  They were busy watching a movie,  and I overheard Ian say  "it's incredible what great films the Japanese make..."

Sitting, watching Henry devour his pizza pie, I wondered again, when did he become so tall.

It seems like it happened over night.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Bah! I'm almost 16 and I still haven't had a growth spurt... No proud mother for me.

July 31, 2009 at 3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home